I finally had time to restore my Dr. Who pinball.
I got this in September for $1500. It was not working. This is what it looked like :
I had to rebuild the WPC board, rebuild the DMD driver board, and re-pin all the power connectors.
Then I had to rebuild the mini-playfield. New pop bumpers. Tore it down and put in a new rubber kit.
I also added Leds. I got a repro Time Expander cover and decal. I bought a Tardis USB port, modded it, and replaced the existing Tardis.
I also installed mirror blades.
Then I played it until this weekend.
Now on to the restore………………….
Friday morning I woke up bright and early and stripped the cab down….
Boy I sure hope it goes back together again.
Then I sanded down the cab and bondoed a couple of places. Then I laminated the cab and backbox.
Next, I installed the sideart using the wet method. I trimmed the side art with a razor and a straight edge 1/16″ from the edges so there would be nothing to grab and peel off.
I also installed new side rails.
I powder coated the coin door and hinges. I painted all the bolts. And I painted the coin door as it was in excellent condition.
And this is how it turned out:
I added a ColorDmd. And i backlit the Speaker Panel.
And I put on my topper with the mod to make it move